Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hey, I have a blog! :D

Well, I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work. I guess I'll spill out all the stuff about me that nobody will really care about. Or I could talk about my goals and what's going on with my life right now.

...Yeah, that second one sounds a lot more interesting. Still not very interesting, but hey. What are you gonna do about it?

     So right now, I've decided to write a book. Why not? Anybody can a write a book. Now, a good book... well, that's another story. It's going to be called "Battle of Blood". I came up with that last year when I started it. I got about one chapter done, and I stopped. Writer's block or laziness--take your pick. (Although it was probably the latter.)  Now I'm back and I've decided to finish it. I don't care how long it takes, but I want to finish writing. I have this feeling inside like I need to get this story out. I have to tell it. I've written poems (most of which I didn't like) and even a memoir that I loved. My memoir was probably my best work, and the one that I'm the most proud of.

     I figured out that the reason I couldn't write was because I had no purpose. My characters weren't working towards anything. There was no problem for them to face. So I figured all of that out, using my friend to bounce ideas off of and get her opinion. (As it turns out, the title was really fitting for the idea I finally settled on.) I know that my writing really needs work, but for now I just want to get the ideas out in front of me.

    I think I'll post some of my poetry eventually, but I can't really be sure. I've always been really hesitant to show people my poems. Maybe once I get the poem I started (in June -.-') finished, I'll post that one and see where it goes from there.

Toodles! ~Devynn

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com